Dear WCASD Families,
Thank you very much to all those who completed one or both of the West Chester Area School District's Satisfaction Surveys during the 2021-2022 school year. The information collected through these surveys is so valuable as we continue to build on our strengths and address areas in need of improvement. The following are some of the highlights from the Mid-Year Family Survey:
- 94% agreed that their child’s teacher(s) uses technology in ways that support learning and communication.
- 95% felt that their child’s teacher is responsive to questions or concerns.
- 92% felt that their child’s principal is responsive to questions or concerns.
- 94% felt that their child's school regularly communicates to parents about school programs and events.
- 88% agreed that their child's school fosters a positive, supporting and inclusive environment.
The following are some of the highlights from the End-of-Year Family Survey:
- 88% were satisfied with the learning experiences that their child receives at school.
- 96% agreed that child’s teacher(s) uses technology in ways that support learning and communication.
- 94% agreed that their child's school regularly communicates to parents about school programs and events.
- 92% believed that their child had a good school year.
- 92% were pleased with the level of communication from the superintendent.
Almost 7,200 responses were collected across the two surveys and provided incredibly valuable feedback for the district. We also received over 350 comments on the End-of-Year Survey from families sharing their thoughts on the district’s strengths and suggestions for continued improvement.
We so value and appreciate your thoughtful insight regarding you and your child’s experiences and our practices as a district. These surveys help to guide our plans as we work to best serve our students and families in the current school year.
Dr. Bob Sokolowski