The West Chester Area School District offers a Senior Citizen Tax Rebate Community Service Program designed to assist Senior Citizens with the burden of Real Estate Taxes. Seniors may volunteer their services through the RSVP program. In return for their services, senior citizens may be entitled to a rebate of property taxes in accordance with the following guidelines.
Tax Credit Guidelines:
- Open to Senior Citizens who are residents of the West Chester Area School District.
- Minimum age limit to qualify for the tax rebate is 62 by December 31" of the year in which you are volunteering service.
- Tax rebates apply only to the property owned by the person volunteering service.
- Property tax rebates will be made at the rate of $8.00 per volunteered hour.
- The maximum rebate allowed per household is $560.00. This is based on 70 hours of volunteered service per household.
- Volunteers may opt to donate the credit to the School District (option on the application).
- Participants may volunteer in excess of 70 hours per year. However, the maximum real estate tax credit is $560.00 or amount of property taxes, whichever is less. Rebate amount cannot exceed the actual amount of taxes paid.
RSVP Application Documents:
- Your completed application (all information must be completed including your Tax Parcel Number)
- A copy of your Social Security Card
- Signed confirmation of review of the following Board Policies 348, 352, 352AG3, and 815.4
- A completed WCASD Emergency Information Card
- Results from a tuberculin test taken within the past year (from your private physician)
- Clearance below as outlined
These checks will be required once every five years for volunteers who may have some unsupervised contact with students: