Principal Dr. Ellen M. Gacomis
WELCOME PENN WOOD ELEMENTARY COMMUNITY!
On behalf of the entire staff, I welcome you to the 2019 – 2020 school year!
Just as students and parents have expectations for the new school year, the teachers, assistants and I have very high expectations for ourselves, and, of course our work together. What are some of the things we are looking forward to learning?
- a new Writing Workshop program as we develop the many intricacies of creating and communicating through our writing
- growing in our understanding of learning through Reading and Math Workshops every day
- opening those amazing Science kits and learning about our community in Social Studies
- integrating technology throughout all of our learning
- Art, Music, Library and Physical Education – Wow!
- communicating online using SeeSaw and Schoology
We then put all of that learning together with our Learning Related Behaviors/Executive Skills . . . the things that will make us all so successful as students and people.
While we believe our school is a safe place with a positive climate and culture, there is always more we can do . . . TOGETHER. Our Expectations are visible throughout the school and can be summarized in a single word – RESPECT. I try to model that from the very first day, getting to know every single child’s name and letting each of them know I care about them as individuals. It is wonderful to have all the Penn Wood Bears back together and welcome many new friends too.
Here’s to an amazing year of learning and growing.
Dr. Ellen Gacomis . . . Dr. G