- If your child will be absent or arriving late to school, please call the Attendance Secretary to report that your child will not be in school that day.
- After an absence, a hand-signed Parent Note (PN) or Doctor's Note (DN) must be submitted to the office within three days of the student's return to school.
- A maximum of 10 absences per school year may be excused with a written Parent Note (PN). Any additional absences will require a Doctor Note (DN).
Please use this link to read the WCASD Attendance Policy:
WCASD ATTENDANCE POLICY
- All students are expected to locker and report to their homeroom every day. Students arriving after homeroom begins will be considered unexcused tardy (TDY).
- Eight (8) tardies to school will be considered one (1) unlawful absence in grades K-8.
- If your child must leave school early, a written request by a parent must be presented to the office upon his or her arrival to school. A pass with the dismissal time will then be given to your child (no parent sign-out required). In cases where a note is not provided ahead of time, the parent/guardian is required to sign the student out in the main office.
- Only a doctor’s note will excuse an Early Dismissal. Any Early Dismissal prior to 1:50 PM will be counted as a Parent Note.
- Students may be excused from school for up to 5 days of school per year for a family vacation. Family Vacation days (FV) must be pre-approved in advance.
- Advance permission is required for family vacations, "Take Your Child to Work Day", and non-school related sports activities.