PHEAA's Act 101 program is a state-funded program which allocates funds to Pennsylvania schools that operate an Act 101 program at their institution. Schools use these funds to provide services to academically and financially disadvantaged students to assist them so they can successfully complete postsecondary study.
College Process Night
Annual parent night for seniors. Covers the college and post-secondary application process.
The Common Application (informally known as the Common App) is an undergraduate college admission application that applicants may use to apply to any of more than 700 member colleges and universities in 49 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Canada, China, and many European countries
College Financial Aid Night will be held on Wednesday 11/9/22 at West Chester East High School, 7pm . Speakers from the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) and West Chester University will be in attendance. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be discussed along with other topics
- The first step in applying for college financial aid is completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The FAFSA is the MOST IMPORTANT APPLICATION to complete for almost all types of financial aid. Many state, local, and private entities use the FAFSA to determine eligibility for grants and scholarships. The FAFSA is available October 1 for the upcoming award year. Since deadlines vary, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible so you don’t miss out on financial aid. ****You do not need to know which college you will be attending to complete the FAFSA.
- FSA ID
- Students, parents, and borrowers are required to use an FSA ID, made up of a username and password, to access certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID is used to confirm your identity when accessing your financial aid information and electronically signing your federal student aid documents.
- Pennsylvania Student Aid Guide.
- Our Pennsylvania Student Aid Guide has the answers. This guide provides a complete overview of the financial aid process, with information on most of Pennsylvania's financial aid programs and services. Find everything you need to know about paying for higher education.
- CSS Profile
- The CSS Profile is another financial aid application that is put out by College Board. The CSS Profile supplements the FAFSA. It is important to note that it does not replace the FAFSA and it is not required at all colleges. Some colleges will require you to complete the CSS Profile in addition to the FAFSA. Please check with your individual schools to see what financial aid documentation they need you to complete.
- 2020-2021 Financial Aid Night Power Point
Naviance is our Career and College exploration system. It is where seniors will go when requesting transcripts and letters of recommendation for college admissions.
NCAA Eligibility Center
Student athletes who plan on playing either Division 1 or Division 2 in college will have to apply to the NCAA. This website has numerous resources for college bound athletes along with the application.
Pennsylvania State Colleges and Universities
The Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE) is the largest provider of higher education in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a large public university system in the United States. It is the tenth-largest university system in the United States and 43rd largest in the world. The system comprises 14 state-owned schools, all of which are NCAA Division II members in most sports by virtue of being members of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference.Several schools also participate in NCAA Division I sports including wrestling and field hockey.
Recommendation Letter Request
Background information that is very helpful for counselors, teachers and adminstrators when a student is requesting a letter of recommendation.
Rustin High School Profile 2022-2023
The school profile highlights Rustin High School and contains data that is used by colleges in the college admission process.
- Schoology – All seniors are automatically enrolled in a Schoology group for Scholarships. Students are encouraged to check this page frequently. We will post different scholarship opportunities that we here about during the year on this page.
- Naviance – Naviance teams with SallieMae to provide a national college scholarship search engine. Be careful when using the internet for scholarship searches.
- Fastweb is a large internet search engine for scholarship opportunities. Be careful when using the internet for scholarship searches.
- Scholarship Committee at Rustin High School – In the late winter/early spring, seniors will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships through our Scholarship Committee. To be eligible, seniors must have their applications completed by the due date.
- Additional Resources for scholarship searches
******Please keep in mind that we process transcripts/recommendation letter requests for scholarships using the same timelines as college applications. Students must notify their Counselor/Teacher/Administrator at least 15 school days prior to due dates. We do not report SAT/ACT scores.
Information for students with learning disabilities and AD/HD
College Topics for Students With Learning Disabilities or ADHD
College vs High School (students with learning disabilities)
Colleges with services for students with disabilities
Get Ready for College (students with learning disabilities)
Preparing for College (a resource guide for students with disabilities)