Science Olympiad is an after school academic club where students interested in science and technology activities hone their skills and prepare for a regional competition. Goals of Science Olympiad include the following:
- To bring science to life, to show how science works, to emphasize problem-solving aspects of science and the understanding of science concepts.
- To take scientific principles and apply them in real world ways via assorted technologies.
- To develop teamwork and cooperative learning strategies among students.
- To make science education more exciting so more students will enroll in science courses and engage in other science activities like science reading, fairs, meetings and field trips.
- To promote high levels of achievement and a commitment to excellence, to demonstrate that American students can perform at levels that surpass expectations of even practicing scientists and engineers.
- To attract more students particularly females and minorities to professional and technical careers in science, technology and science teaching.