If your child is going to be absent, please call our
SAFE ARRIVAL HOTLINE at 484-266-1610
and leave a message.
Children cannot be dropped off at school before the "official" District drop off time of 8:30 a.m.
Please remember to send in an excuse form or note when your child returns to school after an illness. District policy states that “Excuse blanks, completed with the necessary data are to be turned in by the student, within three (3) days after his/her return from an absence. Any student failing to comply with this time period, will automatically become unexcused and/or illegal and the school laws of Pennsylvania shall be applied accordingly”.
- A maximum of seven (7) days absence for students verified by a parent note. All absences beyond the 7th day of absence will require a physician’s note.
- Family Vacations must be pre-approved by the principal up to a maximum of five (5) days per school year.
Unexcused/Unlawful Absences (these are cumulative)
- Any day for which a written excuse is NOT submitted within 3 days of the absence (this includes a physician’s note).
- Any absence not excused by a physician’s note after 7 absences verified by a written parent excuse.
- Any absence due to a family vacation after the 5 day maximum has been taken.
- Illness verified by a physician’s note submitted within 3 days of a student’s return.
- Death in the family.
- Religious holidays.
Please be aware of the district policies on attendance:
- The parents of all students who miss 10 days shall be notified in writing of the student’s absence record.
- A parent/guardian conference shall be requested by the administration when a student has missed a total of 15 days or more.
- After 20 or more days of absence, an informal review of the student’s record including days of absence, discipline and academic shall be made by the administration and recommendations, if any, shall be made in writing to the respective director regarding retention in grade.
FAMILY VACATION POLICY
Family vacation, pre-approved by the principal, while school is in session, up to a maximum of five (5) days per school year. The following will be taken into consideration by the principal in granting permission for the trip:
- The student’s academic standing.
- The student’s attendance record.
- The effect the absence will have on the student’s education welfare.
- The exceptionality of the request.