Clarification of Elementary WCASD Attendance Policy
All excuse notes must be received in the office within three (3) school days or absence is UNLAWFUL. Excuse form can be downloaded here.
A maximum of seven (7) days of cumulative absences for illness will be allowed for students verified by a parent note received within three (3) student days of the absence. Any absences for illness beyond seven (7) cumulative days will require an excuse written by a doctor or medical practitioner received within three (3) student days of the absence or the absence will become UNLAWFUL.
- Three (3) Unlawful will constitute a Violation of Compulsory Attendance.
- Four (4) Unlawful and beyond will result in a Citation filed with District Magisterial Court.
- Excessive tardies and/or early afternoon dismissals could result in an UNLAWFUL. Please provide a doctor’s note within three (3) student days of your child’s appointment.
- Family vacation/travel must be pre-approved by the Principal and is limited to five (5) days.
- Excessive absences may result in administrative review of student’s academic records.
If you would like clarification on this information, please call the office at 484-266-1412.