Welcome to the PTO
To join the PTO, log onto our website
Here, you can pay your dues and make a donation. You can contribute using the PayPal link or send in a check to the address listed on our PTO webpage. You can also sign up as volunteer, input directory information, and register your student for an SAT or ACT Prep Class.
We ask for a minimum donation of $20 to join the PTO, and to receive access to our online student directory. If you are able, please consider making an additional donation, called “Make a Difference Dollars”. This is our main method of raising funds for the items listed below. Your contributions, and profit from our SAT/ACT class, are our only sources of income.
Student Directory: Enter the information you want to share and leave blank what you do not want to share. If you do not want to be included in the directory, simply check the “Opt Out” box. If you do not enter directory information on the website, your emergency contact information will be used.
Volunteering: Signing up as a volunteer does not commit you to anything right away. You will receive occasional emails when help is needed. Opportunities may include: contributing food for teacher appreciation events, assisting with grade specific events, and helping with Post Prom.
Our PTO is dedicated to helping WC East excel by developing the vital connection between school and home. All parents/guardians of students at East High School are encouraged to become members of the PTO. Your support, both volunteer and financial, will enable us to fund and support:
- Viking Pride, Student Recognition Awards: A bi-annual award, in the form of a gift card, which recognizes students who demonstrate the ideals of character and commitment that exemplify the spirit of East High School. In addition, throughout the year, staff members reward students with cafeteria coupons to recognize exemplary actions or behavior.
- Richard F. Dunlap Service Scholarship: Two $750 scholarships are given to seniors who demonstrate outstanding volunteer service to East High School and/or our surrounding community.
- Post Prom Event: PTO makes a financial contribution and helps to recruit volunteers for this much anticipated, all night, free admission event provided immediately following the Senior Prom for the safety of our students.
- Teacher Mini Grant Program – Annually, all East staff members are encouraged to apply for these grants in order to possibly receive funds provided by your generous contributions to PTO. The purpose of these grants is to extend opportunities beyond allocations provided through the district. A few examples of grants awarded over the last few years include: standing desks for classrooms, heart rate monitors for Phys Ed, smoke machines for physics classes, a solar filter for the school telescope, new cameras for photography classes, the cost of attending a college counseling conference, the cost of attendance for the AP conference, and bananas for Banana Day, a highlight of the Stress Free Friday program offered by the East Counseling Department.
- Annual Student Directory – The compilation of student contact information made available online.
- SAT & ACT Prep Course-Classes offered to our community, throughout the school year, to prepare students for these standardized tests.
To stay in touch and up-to-date on PTO activities, you can go to the PTO link on the upper right of East Homepage well as in the Viking Lodge. Email blasts and phone blasts will also alert you to upcoming events or activities. You can also contact us through email at email@example.com.
If you have questions about the SAT and ACT Prep courses, email: firstname.lastname@example.org