How Can I Help My Community?
Many people in our community have reached out inquiring how they can help during this public health crisis. We appreciate your desire to support our community and provide assistance to those who may be struggling. The West Chester Area School District is providing meals to children in need. We are relying on community organizations to help families with other needs. Please feel free to reach out to the following organizations to provide volunteer assistance:
West Chester Food Cupboard
Seeking financial donations rather than donations of food at this time.
Click here for website
Tax-deductible monetary donations are accepted online. Please click here to donate.
Donations can be made via mobile phones by texting ORKwestches to 71777.
Donations through the U.S. Postal Service: The Salvation Army of West Chester, 101 East Market Street, West Chester, PA 19380
Items Needed for Community Meal Program – serving a bag-and-go dinner 6 nights per week
• Lunchmeat (turkey, ham, bologna, etc.)
• Canned tuna/chicken
• Sliced cheese
• Individual beverages (water, juice, sports drink, etc.)
• Individual packs/bags of snacks (cookies, crackers, chips, pretzels, popcorn, cereal bars, etc.)
• Fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, etc.)
• Sliced bread
Items Needed for Manna from Heaven Choice Food Pantry – individuals and families can “shop” once per month for needed grocery items
• Canned pasta - ravioli, spaghetti w/meatballs, beefaroni, etc.
• Prepackaged meals and sides – rice/pasta/noodle mixes, skillet meals
• Spaghetti Sauce
• Condiments – ketchup, mayonnaise, salad dressing, mustard, BBQ sauce, marinades, relish, gravy
• Canned chicken
• Baking mixes – cakes, brownies, muffins, pancakes, waffles
• Jelly - strawberry and grape
• Individually wrapped snacks – chips, crackers, raisins, protein bars, trail mix, granola bars, cookies, pretzels, popcorn, dried fruit, fruit snacks, beef jerky, snack cakes, ready-to-eat pudding and gelatin
Domestic Violence Shelter
• Paper towels
• Toilet paper
• Hand sanitizer
• Cleaning/disinfecting products
• Dish soap/pods
• Laundry pods
113 West Chestnut Street
West Chester, PA 19380
Items needed during quarantine:
• Donate online
• Giant or Wawa gift cards mailed to the address above.
Things people can do now that will help when the quarantine ends: While cleaning out your house, please set aside:
• Twin sheets and pillowcases (washed and folded)
• Dishes and glasses – must be microwave-safe
• Pots and pans
• Towels – kitchen and bathroom (washed and folded)
• Non-perishable food such as peanut butter, jelly, canned soups
• Paper products such as toilet paper, paper towels
• Laundry detergent
Chester County Food Bank